We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New iPad Camera connection kit

Cara2

Likes # 0

Getting the new iPad for christmas and part of the package included (optional) extra - camera connection kit.

From the packaging, it is identical to the one I already have for the original iPad. I don't want to have to buy an adaptor to use it, (in addition to which I could have used my old one if it is the same).

Does the connection kit for the latest iPad look different from the original connection kit?

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

Quoted:<< Does the connection kit for the latest iPad look different from the original connection kit? >>

Latest Retina iPad =>Lightning Connector
iPad 2 => 30-pin connector

click here for iPad comparison & check under the connector.

click here for Lightning to 30-pin Adapter if you want to use the old one.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

As I understand it, iPads 1,2 and 3 (Stupidly named iPad) all have the same connectors. iPad 3 has retinal display and the 30 pin connector.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

<< HondaMan >>

If you've bought a new iPad with retina display recently or check my click here link above under connector then you'll know the latest retina iPads have a different lightning connector.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

iPad3 aka iPad, has the 30 pin connector and retina display - according to Apple

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

HondaMan Quoted: << As I understand it, iPads 1,2 and 3 (Stupidly named iPad) all have the same connectors. iPad 3 has retinal display and the 30 pin connector.iPad3 aka iPad, has the 30 pin connector and retina display - according to Apple >>

iPad3(retina,30-pin connector) was only launched few months before the latest iPad with retina display (aka iPad4,lightning connector) .

Because the OP Cara2 was getting the new iPad for christmas,I assume his/her original iPad was iPad1 or 2.

But if you insist Cara2 will be getting the old iPad3 with 30-pin connector ,I've nothing more to say.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

The "new" iPad (iPAD4) does have the new connector but the iPad (iPAD3), both with retina display has the older 30 pin connector. Confusing innit?

Why couldn't they just call them iPad; iPad2; iPad3 etc?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert