We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

parcel farce do it again

Newuser2

Likes # 0

I give up with Parcel Farce. A shipment was dispatched on 24 delivery. THREE days later after hours on the phone the shipment was tracked down, the driver had left it at the local post office, saying that he had tried to deliver it but no one was in. The driver is a liar as I waited in all day. I've put in a claim but as you would expect Parcel Farce have rejected it. I shall make sure never to use them again. If your expecting a delivery, form them don't hold your breath.

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

FE one of my suppliers has told me, how much they get I have no idea.

bjh it may of interest to you that the guy I spoke to at parcel farces call center admitted they were having lots of probs with deliveries. As far as I am aware its not a bonus.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Any chance you could refer to the company by its correct name? It's a little childish, this 'parcelfarce' thing.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Parcel Force, like most couriers, pay their drivers a flat rate, plus additional payment per successful delivery - hence the reason why they leave with neighbours, in sheds, under bushes etc.

Leaving the parcel at a post office is unlikely to trigger the successful delivery payment.

If a Parcel Force representative admitted the driver had lied they would be compelled to pay any claim you were entitled to for a failed delivery. It is extremely unlikely that any company would admit liability so soon into a claim procedure

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There seems to be some differing of opinions here. Our local ParcelForce delivery driver, who I said I thought that I got to know, use to deliver to neighbours. But now he doesn't seem to have the time, hence the local Post Office getting rather humpy, due to him leaving items that they really do not have space for.

The card that was left on the non-delivery I had, told me the item was at the Post Office for collection, or I could re-arrange van delivery at another day, but it must be at least 24/48 hours later.

Royal Mail have also changed their methods regarding deliveries, especially to neighbours.

FE

I seem to recall the BBC Watchdog program kitting out some vehicles a couple or so years ago, and clearly marking the vehicles to look like ParcelForce, but with a name change to ParcelFarce, and I think the name change perhaps stemmed from the BBC?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

Yes,I know about the BBC watchdog item. I just have a thing about people who alter the names of companies or people in this way, like those who refer to 'Micro$oft' or 'Tony Bliar'.

It's a juvenile practice, and it irritates me, that's all.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

My Parcelforce man invariably leaves my parcels in the designated safe place, as requested, and will sometimes, if he sees me out and about, stops in the street to tell me he's done it.

He will even leave a note saying that he noticed some damage and has made a note of it.

As has been said, it's very much down to individuals.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added