We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

parcel farce do it again

Newuser2

Likes # 0

I give up with Parcel Farce. A shipment was dispatched on 24 delivery. THREE days later after hours on the phone the shipment was tracked down, the driver had left it at the local post office, saying that he had tried to deliver it but no one was in. The driver is a liar as I waited in all day. I've put in a claim but as you would expect Parcel Farce have rejected it. I shall make sure never to use them again. If your expecting a delivery, form them don't hold your breath.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Before you accuse someone of lying, make sure you are 100% certain.

Many courier vehicles have tracking devices, so Parcel Force may have data to prove he did stop outside your house.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've transferred your thread to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Calling a ParcelForce driver a liar is not a very sensible thing to do on a public web forum, and frankly I wonder why you posted this thread in the first place.

I find it very difficult to understand why a ParcelForce driver would go to the trouble of taking a package to a local Post Office if you were in. as alan14 says - the ParcelForce driver may have evidence to show that he did stop at your house,and that could be the reason the company has rejected your claim.

Your argument is with ParcelForce, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to help.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

Your argument, technically, is with the company with which you placed the order, if such it was, and not with Parcelforce... Any argument you have should be raised with them first.

Mind you, I still wouldn't suggest calling the driver a liar in any case. Could be lots of genuine reasons for delivery failure.

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

Parcel farce have admitted their driver lied so thats that, They are so they say going to speak to him, some good that will do. I have had no end of problems with then in the past and I thought they had got better, obviously not. I get stuff delivered from the USA quicker and without any probs than by parcel farce.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

If Parcelforce had admitted their driver had lied (and I find that unlikely in itself) they would have little option but to uphold your claim.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

several months ago i ordered something from ebuyer. I wasn't in so a card was left by parcel force to pick up my item at a local post office. Went to the post office only to be told the driver didn't leave it it was still with him. So rang Parcel force to be told it would delivered next day which it was.

Now i ordered an item from amazon same thing only this time item was at post office and i managed to pick it up.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have regular deliveries from a number of regular delivery services, but I must say that Yodel and ParcelForce are getting very unreliable.

In the case of ParcelForce, I got to know the local driver, or at least I thought that I knew him. One day a few months ago, I was expecting a large parcel. Saw the van pull, and the driver got out and popped a card in the door, informing me that he had called, I was not in, and the parcel was being taken to a post office about 3 miles away (we have the nearest post office about 1 mile away). Why did this happen, and it was very obvious, it was poring down with rain at the time (think about it?).

I made a visit to the post office nominated on the card,and was involved that ParcelForce was expect any time now, would I like to wait. When the driver arrived, both he and the post office staff were not happy bunnies. He because he had had a lousy day, and the post office staff where having to make extra storage room in an already confined area. By the amount of goods the driver had left at the post office, there would be quite a number of very disappointed people that day.

Yodel tend to 'put' things over the fence?.

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

The drivers get a payment for every drop they make, so if they say that no one was in they still get the payment, on this occasion the driver didn't even come down my road parcel farces tracking shows that, so he couldn't leave a card. I'll never use them again and will insist that any further deliveries are not to use them to deliver to me.

The last Yodel delivery (A new phone from Virgin) arrived in a van with no straight panels, all different colors, (a beat up wreck) and the driver didn't speak a word of English.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

I don't believe Parcelforce drivers get a bonus for each delivery. Yodel, possibly yes. I doubt many companies will listen if you demand delivery by another means.

It's strange really. The posts you have started here often seem to have a common theme...

Tomtom are a joke. Laptops direct = muppets at best crap virgin service again

Here, you don't seem to get on with Parcelforce - and/or Yodel, it seems. I wonder if anyone else can see a common factor?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"The drivers get a payment for every drop they make"

How do you know that?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home