We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

all in one with negative scanner

g4jnw

Likes # 0

Was looking for a negative scanner and then thought the ideal solution would be an all in one with a negative scanner built in, i have the odd 2.4inch x 2.4 inch negative so going up to that size would be good, doesn't have to be a new model.

Any suggestions please ?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 1

Hp used to do one, the Photosmart C 8180 I think.

Probably discontinued now, but you may be able to trace its replacement in their range.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

A few or so years ago, negative slot scanner/printers were easily available, but I haven't noticed any about nowadays, for domestic use.

Perhaps a visit to PC World or a on-line search will uncover if they are still available and in stock?.

I have a present in front of me a Brother DCP-135C all-in-one printer with 'Photo Capture' button and facility, but don't ask me what that is about, because I haven't bothered to find out. I do know though, that this printer produces good photographic results using 'normal' methods.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There are all-in-ones with film adaptors (Canon, HP and probably Epson too) but they mostly cater for 35 mm. Getting one for 2.5 in negatives could be the problem.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

There are cheap film scanners on sale at Aldi and Lidl. One or other has them coming up in the next week or so. Not what you asked for, but worth considering.

I did look for slide scanners a while back (my wife having had a Nikon coolscan, a posh job supplied by a previous employer that we missed when it went). I couldn't find a decent compromise. I didn't find the cheap ones like Aldi/lidl ones did a good enough job (and were manual, and slow), none of the multifunctions did anything like it, and the Minolta and Nikon jobs were a bit expensive for me.

I'll be interested to see what anybody turfs up!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...