We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

inkjet all-in-one which is reliable over time...

shoselitz

Likes # 0

I have now owned two inkjet all-in-one multi function printer/scanner/copiers and it seems to me that reviews are fine for assessing features of new machines but often ignore a longer terms view. My Canon Pixma bought about three years ago was fine for about 9 months - then started to give less favourable results and eventually gave up printing after 13 months. A long discussion with Canon resulted in their technical department telling me that 13 months was not unusual for the life of a print head and they offered to sell me a new one for a little less than the cost of a new machine! How kind. My present machine Kodak Hero 5.1 is a good little printer despite feeling a little flimsy, but now after about a year it, too is starting to give less favourable results. I have printed some 500 pages in the last year and now it is starting to clog - I have to use the clean-print-head function quite often with the resultant loss of ink - and cost. Is there a RELIABLE printer which will work well and give good results for us who don't need to print pages and photos all day every day, or a way of using a printer so that the original out-of-the-box condition is maintained?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have an HP OfficeJet that's been chugging away for possibly 15 or more years now. I also have a fair selection of other makes, because I find that when things start to go wrong, its time for a cheap replacement, and not repair.

But before buying that replacement, its usually a case of doing a little homework, like checking for cartridge prices and availability.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer