We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

babylon extension removal from Chrome

DoctorBeer
Resolved

Likes # 0

I can't remove Babylon from Google Chrome, have gone to extensions but it's not listed

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I suggest that you go into Control panel and click on add/remove programs. Check the list to see if Babylon is listed.If it is, you can uninstall it from there.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Also many tips here.

Like this post  
DoctorBeer

Likes # 0

Thank you for your posts. First thing I did was go to c. panel/uninstall and ditched 2 items referring to Babylon, this did not stop it taking over Google Chrome, I looked at Google site and followed instructions for removing extensions but there were none relating to babylon. I am wary of touching anything that sounds like the registry, so decided to go to restore date before the infection started, this has solved the problem.

Memo to self:- Must be very careful when downloading drivers, go to the company making the equipment not a driver download site!

Thanks again - problem solved.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm pleased it's fixed. Don't forget to tick your thread as resolved - just click on one of the grey ticks you see alongside the posts. The tick will turn green, and your thread will have a tick next to it in the listing.

Many thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...