We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nabi 2

ENL

Likes # 0

After doing quite a bit of research re kids tablets I've more or less decided to purchase the Nabi 2 for my 10 yr old son. Not being tech savvy, I was wondering if he would be able to purchase/download ebooks from other sites ( Amazon maybe ) and read them on the Nabi? The pre loaded books are more suitable to a younger age group. If this was possible, how would I go about downloading these books?! Thanks ENL

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't know it but a quick look at the specs seems to indicate that it has its own O/S, Monarch.

This is likely to be very restrictive on books.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Nabi 2 is Android 4. However it seem sto be set up specifically for young children and does not seem to have the Google Play Store but its own kidz app store. Not at all sure that you can get books. I think that looking at the product that it is aimed at a younger age range than a 10 yr old boy who will want to play games on it. The major problem with any tablet is going to be parental control.

America Amazon reviews Nabi2 are quite helpful.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

There is a review in the current issue of PCA. May be for a child younger than 10 ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen