We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Great service from the CooP

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Bought a Laptop from the Cooperative Electrical on the Internet yesterday about 4pm and getting it delivered today free of charge.

Had an e-mail from them earlier today to say it would be delivered between 12-1Pm.

Free delivery with some company's can take up to a week just though what a super service from the CooP.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well there you go.Delivered at 12.45 today can't be bad.

Like this post  
Border View

Likes # 0

Great to hear praise for a company. Credit where credit is due.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Borderview

It has to be the quickest free delivery service that I have ever used.

I am usually quite happy with Amazon or E-buyer usually 3-7 days with them for free delivery, but where the CooP leads others may follow.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There are a number of companies that have started to offer next day deliveries, providing you order by a certain deadline time, and they usually comply with their promises. So it proves that it can be done.

Yet some still think that a week or more, is good going?.

Be wise though to the 'Safeplace' instructions that some companies are now using. I had one parcel 'placed' over a wall recently, and a neighbour had a parcel placed in their wheelie bin, that was emptied on the day. Wont mention the on-line third party outlet or courier company, but when the on-line company was notified, it wasn't their responsibility, even though they had a customer care procedure policy?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"but when the on-line company was notified, it wasn't their responsibility, "

Of course it's their responsibility.

They entered into a contract with you.

How they fulfil it is entirely their responsibility.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

They e-mailed me this morning telling me what time they would be there,also on the e-mail asking me if I was not going to be about at that time they gave me some alternatives.

If you will not be in to receive the delivery and would like us to deliver your parcel/s to a neighbour instead, please click below.

Alternatively, if today is not convenient, please click below to change the date.

To view the current status of your order at any time please click below.

We trust that you are happy with our service and thank you for your order.

Electrical Purchase.

Looks like they have covered all bases.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Come on now morddwyd, I am sure you have used Amazon MarketPlace and eBay, as a purchaser of items from a third party?.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Not sure I fuly agree with you on this one Spuds. Can't speak about Amazon, but Ebay certainly provide help and support when any of the deals from their site goes pear-shaped.

On the wider point, however, the question remains who is the contract with, and the first port of call must always be the actual vendor - the enabler will only get involved once the vendor/purchaser communications breaks down.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added