We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost micro usb receiver, replacement?

rickf

Likes # 0

I have lost my usb receiver for my optical wireless mouse. For the love of God I can't find it anywhere in my house, It's a non- branded mouse. Can I buy a replecement anywhere? Have serach and got no results.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I got one from Logitech for £10 would probably have been better off buying a new mouse.

Is there no stamp or model number underneath it,If it was unbranded and relatively cheap best buying a new mouse.

They are that small nowadays it is easy to loose them.Check the vacume cleaner if you have been near it with that.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply. Yes, may have to buy a new one instead. Just that I don't like waste.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

What happened did you take or remove it from your Computer or Laptop for a reason.

Then you put it somewhere safe and it is that safe you can't remember where you put it.

I know that my usb wireless receiver can fit inside the mouse if I am not using it,That way I know where it should be.

Have you had a look in Amazon I know they sell them on there but I suppose you would need to know the make of the mouse.

Just wondering if the likes of Speccy or any of those types of programs would give you the details of your mouse.

Just tried it and Speccy tells me that I am using a Logitech mouse,So if you can get the makers name you may well be able to get one from Amazon for about £6.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

What happened was i sold the old laptop. Took out the receiver b4 packing and now can't remember where it is. What's is speccy? Gonna google it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It just gives you all of your system information.Much the same as Belarc or SIW.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Yes, got Belarc for a long time. Going to buy a new one as it's too much hassle trying to get the receiver.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Going to buy a new one..."

Which is possibly the most wisest,simplest and cheapest decision, but what's the bet the other one will turn up when the new one arrives :O)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sods law, As soon as you buy a new one you will probably find the old one.

I must admit I have 2 computers one wired and the other Wireless and apart from having no wires about.I prefer the wired one.

Anyhow best of luck with your new mouse when you get it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

spuds

Looks like we think alike.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Just a thought for you all in the future,i use a toolbox to store all my PC bits in that includes pens e.t.c. I also have to other tool boxes one for usb cables and the other for the rest of the stuff like mains adapters,and i wrire on the mains adapter what it's for,saves loads of hastle. But as you say sons law is that as soon as you replace a reciever you'll find the old one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings