We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nvidia Geforce GTX 8800

janeb8

Likes # 0

Need to replace the above but having trouble locating one apart from used ones! Can anyone recommend a replacement?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sorry I know nothing about graphic cards but Googling the subject means that you have to choose one for the system that you have.

Have a look here.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/329392-15-advice-upgrading-geforce-8800-card

It gives you an idea as what information is needed so that they can recommend the proper one for you.

I would close this thread and open a new thread with the relative information in the Helproom where you will get better advice.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace like-for-like? The 8800GTX is a very old card (2006 from the top of my head). There are far superior cards available today that you should be able to replace it with.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Before selecting a graphics car you need to check that your PSU is up to the task for the new one.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Having re-read your post, I see I misunderstood what you said. If you're looking for a replacement then anything from a GTX 650 from the Nvidia range or a Radeon HD 7750 from the AMD range will be an improvement. What is your budget?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

You may be able to get another card that is an update on that one but it will mean buying one similar to the ones D@ve has mentioned.

That card was a really good card for it's time and I happen to still have one as a spare, why not replace with another second hand one if they are cheep enough.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone