We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell laptop developed slow key board

Edith

Likes # 0

My Dell M1330 laptop key board has started to react slowly to key strokes. As you type you have to wait for the letters to appear in the document or in the task bar if looking for or trying to connect to a site. Anybody have any ideas why?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I doubt if this is a problem with the keyboard. Can you attach an external keyboard and see if it reacts the same way? It is more likely to be caused by a program running in the background on the computer - malware might be the cause or a legitimate program such as antivirus running or Windows Updates being installed in the bckground. (There were a dozen or so released last week and if they have failed to install will retry every boot up)

Does this happen when you boot into safe mode as well?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Incidentally, unless this is a recently bought Dell, this should probably be in the normal help forum. FE may move it. Can you tell us how old this Dell is as well.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I make it about 5 years old Taff most of the reviews are for 2007.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features