It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
What phone can rival my old Nokia XpressMusic 5800?
Likes # 0
Posted November 14, 2012 at 12:31PM
My current phone is an HTC Mozart win7 phone, which replaced an old Nokia 5800 I had previously.
The reason I upgraded was simply that my other phone was getting a bit old and it had a habit of crashing when it's memory began filling up.
However I was/ am shocked at the amount of features I lost during the "upgrade".
The old Nokia:
- Had an alpha numeric keyboard option as well as handwriting and stylus
- Came with Nokia maps, the main advantage of which being it is accessible offline
- Had a wrist strap available for those tricky holding-camera-out-a- window moments
- Could be plugged in to a pc and was fully compatable with Windows Media player, therefore required no extra software such as Zune (terrible) and itunes (another unnecessary program). This was also true of transferring files which could be done simply through windows. You would think a windows 7 phone would work with windows 7 without additional software...
- Had a longer battery life (although this is true of almost all older phones)
- Had a sunken power button that wouldn't activate in the pocket, or when HOLD was engaged.
In fact, the only avenue I found the Mozart improved in was in processing speed and screen size. In all other areas it was harder to use, less adaptable and less reliable.
Is there any phone on the market that doesn't suffer from losing one or all of the above features?
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.