We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Amazon Kindle lending library query.

canarieslover

Likes # 0

As part of Amazon Prime they have a section that is Kindle lending library. I thought this might well be worthwhile as a way of getting access to new books at a reasonable rate and as I see it you are only borrowing any book that you download as you have no rights to enable you to give it away once you have read it. At £49 per year it seemed to be a reasonable bargain but having searched it seems that you can only borrow up to one book per month. Amazon Prime Am I correct in this or does anybody know different? If I am right then I won't bother joining as I don't need the upgraded delivery that they offer, which seems to be the biggest benefit.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You are correct. You can only borrow one book at a time,and a maximum of one book a month. There's no maximum borrowing time - you can keep a book for months if you like, but you can only borrow another one by returning the book you already have.

It's a little bonus for having a Prime membership. I have it, and as you say, the main benefit is free guaranteed next day delivery on all orders that come direct from Amazon.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Thanks FE for confirming that.

I would Green Tick the thread but don't seem able to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer