We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

e reading in the dark

Picklefactory
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know there a number of avid e-reader users here, so looking to see if any of you have one that can be read in the dark, and if so, how good are they?

I know Kindle do the Paperwhite, but are there any more that you would recommend?

I'm looking towards the lower end of the budget for a gift, but the recipient is an avid reader, but I know they would like the option to be able to read in bed without the room light as well as in daylight.

Any thoughts folks?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Ask, and technology will provide. This is what you want

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Looks good, thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My wife uses a Kindle with Belkin clip on light.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Mine uses a Kindle with a Kindle wallet with a light built in powered from the Kindle

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Reading in the Dark is not good for your Eyes, not with lit up Screens, Its a bit like smoking, though it may not kill its not good for the eyes

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Thanks all. A few more options there. Much appreciated feed back.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen