We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop!!

bapiow

Likes # 0

Down to these two. Toshiba Satellite L875-12P Laptop, Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 17.3 Or Inspiron 17R Special Edition laptop The new Inspirion 17R Special Edition comes standard with 3rd Gen Intel Core i5 processors and 2GB graphics Both about the same price.

Not sure which to chose knowing little about laptops!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

For me there would be no hesitation - I would buy the Toshiba. I am a dyed-in-the-wool Toshiba laptop fan. I've had three of them, and not one of them has put a foot wrong. The build quality is generally excellent, and they are good, solid all-round performers. The one you're interested in is a lovely machine.

At first glance the Dell looks great, too, and Dell does make some nice machines. This isn't one of them in my opinion however. Performance-wise it will be good, and the display is excellent, but it falls down on build quality, and the keyboard has a rattle to it when you type that some people will find that irritating.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Your click here does not work for me but I have had a few problems opening some other click here's.

It could well be security program blocking it.If it works for anyone else will you let me know so that I can find out what my problem is.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Try it again. It should work now.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Thank you it is working fine now.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In the link £4,000 new?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia