We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which laptop should i buy?

RS2012

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm looking to buy a laptop mainly to play games but also to do the usual stuff like surf the net and watch films. I have left the minimum system requirements for 4 games i most want to be able to play on the laptop with med to high settings without any slowdown. I also don't want a laptop which is going to overheat after a couple of hours. I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions.

Train simulator 2013

core 2 Duo 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 512 MB (GeForce 8800 GT or better), 6 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista/7/8

Football manager 2013

CPU: 1.6GHZ (XP) / 2.2GHZ (VISTA/W7/W8) : INTEL PENTIUM 4, INTEL CORE FAMILY, AMD ATHLON MEMORY: XP/VISTA/W7/W8 : 1.0GB VIDEO MEMORY: 128MB: NVIDIA FX 5900 ULTRA; ATI RADEON 9800; INTEL 82915G/82910GL HDD: 2GB

Sim city 2013

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better RAM:2GB Video Memory: 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

FSX

Minimum system requirement Operating system Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Service Pack 2(SP2) Computer processor 1.0 gigahertz (GHz) Memory 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM for Windows XP SP2 512 MB RAM for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Hard disk space 14 gigabytes (GB) available hard disk space Video card 32 MB DirectX 9-compatible video card DVD drive 32x speed.

Thanks.

Like this post
RS2012

Likes # 0

I meant to say NOT going to overheat after a couple of hours!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...