We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ideal World ?

commander123

Likes # 0

Hello. i have ordered an Cyclone 1 inch 16GB 4.0 WIFI tablet with sleeve I was informed that I would recieve a confirmation to this order now after three phone calls at some cost I have not got my confirmation and was told that the item was out of stock but they are still advertising it, surely this is wrong, I asked to speak to a manager but they would not put me through to him ( what kind of company are they )I was told that I would recieve comfirmation when the item is sent to me and again they cannot tell me when that would be , Everything that they have done does not agree with good service and I for one will not be ordering anthing more with them , They are advertising this item an the television as well, Ins't there a law against avertising something that they dont have, Can you please help with this?

(Edited by FE to remove email address 22:52 30/10/2012)

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

You don't say what company it is. Can you not simply ask for a refund?

It is very unwise to post your email address on an open forum.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Cannot remember, but think they have up to 28 days to supply goods under Law. Or pay your money Back

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

marvin42

Ideal World I would imagine.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I just had a look for that item on their Site, it said Item no longer available!

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

I ordered an item for my wife's birthday about 6 years ago, they had a couple of chaps called Alan and Barry doing craft shows. They also had a live phone in while the show was running. Around 8 weeks after I ordered, the item came back on screen. I pressed record on the VCR, as it was analogue then and gave the studio line a call. Got through and started to chat. I asked if they could bring the item a little bit nearer the camera as we could have a better look in detail, they kept moving the item closer and closer. They then asked if that was alright, I replied that could they just hold that for a few seconds as I called my wife. I then said she was really pleased as this is the nearest she has gotten to her birthday present as her birthday was already a couple of weeks ago.

After much huffing and puffing, I was asked to leave my name an phone number with the studio controller. Barry rang after the show to apologize at the delay, made sure the item was sent out straight away and my wife received a gift voucher and signed piccy as way of the inconvenience of the long wait.

You could use the web to email them or ring 01733 860534 to get round the premium rate number.

It takes you straight to UK custumer services.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Moved to Tech Consumer advice from Tech Helproom

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I recently bought a Garden strimmer etc from them. Delivery was a bit slow, about 5 days after the 'Expected Delivery Date', but it eventually arrived.

Have a look at their Facebook page, where there seem to be quite a few complaints about things not arriving and problems with refunds.

Regardless of their claims of big discounts on things, it needs taking with a big pinch of salt. I later found exactly the same item that I bought, at the same price, from Screwfix, with a lower postage/delivery charge.

A relative of mine ordered some jewelry from them which hadn't arrived after 4 weeks and when he spoke to them was informed that the item -a ring- wasn't actually made yet. They apparently,despite their onscreen claims, only commission the production after they have the orders. Understandable I suppose to ensure they don't have unsold sizes left in their warehouse but surely this should be made clear to prospective purchasers.

Like this post
commander123

Likes # 0

Thanks Quiller and everybody for your post's, There should be something done about this company I think I'll go to the liscencing board and also have it brought up in the house of commons, I mean why should they be able to run roughshod over us all and when you ring customer services I for one could not inderstand what they where saying, Everybody should get into this so they should be stopped either false prommises or stop thre bussiness

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

we no longer order from idealworld [ had problems with them], if we see a product we like on their tv channel we order from elsewhere either direct from the maker or amazon on some occasions the products are often a lot cheaper too

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses