We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sm call / SGS ltd remittance very disappointing!

lgayuchan

Likes # 0

Been doing remittances with sm call / SGS ltd which at first was ok but it turned so so bad, Transferred money to their account 29 aug for a 3 day service but ranged them a week later asking them why money wasn't received back home the answer? Technical problem! The customer service promised to follow it up and remittance money will be received by family with in 3 days. 3 days passed but nothing, ranged them again thursday and was advised to check on Monday the following week. Now here comes Monday but still nothing was credited to the account back home and its the third week. Phone call again was made and still their technical problem was at fault but they promised it will be credited within that week I ask for someone who is in charge hoping to be told a sensible reason they gave a number but instead it doesn't ring as it will go straight to a voicemail. Ranged customer service again but no one is picking my calls. The following day, tried to call customer service again but my call was being ignored for 3 times. 4rth try still no one is picking up but while doing this, I used my wife's mobile phone and guess what happened? A quick answer from sm call customer service which unlucky for him to be told off and being caught by surprise. I insisted to speak to somebody but shocking to know that customer service cannot do anything but to just email finance dept for follow ups and queries of remittances at the next conversation i was being told that due to Technical problems there will be a further 2-4 weeks delay, I now had enough of this foolish answers so I asked for a refund which they sent me a refund form sent back the form immediately on the 24th of September which it says refund will be on my account within 2 weeks. Ranged them 26/09/12 and they confirmed the form was received although I have proof of postage just in case and again was told will be on my account within 2 weeks which I thank god coz at last problem sorted. I thought its finished but still two weeks later ringing them for the same question where is my money? The next day October 10 ranged them again and now I discovered they can actually transfer my call to the head of finance? Mr head of finance of course apologised but blaming the mistake to his employees who mislooked my claim?! Hello?! He promised that by Friday 13 of October refund will be on my account if non to ring them on Monday 15 October and of course am not surprised ringing them again! On the 15th and again Mr head of finance blamed it to human error and re assured that I will received it by Friday 19 October? Up until today 22nd of October still cannot get hold of mr head of finance as he is on meeting whole day and again customer service told me that they will follow it up and will ring me back which they never do for the past month?! Really angry and frustrated! Have a family and work to think not this stupid phone calls which has the worst customer service waiting time ever!!! Any advices please? Was thinking legal action but how? Is it worth it?

Like this post
bluekyle98

Likes # 0

Even better they have a twitter account.

Like this post
dtv2012

Likes # 0

i got the same problem.... sent money last 10th sept. then forwarded the refund form last 7th october. Until now still waiting for my money. Tried to contact costumer service no answer...

Like this post
lgayuchan

Likes # 0

@DTV2012 It is better to ask help from your Citizen's Advice Bureau at the same time access the Financial Ombudsman Service @ www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk as there is no point of keep contacting SMcall/sgs int'l when they dont do what they promised to do, a total waste of time.

Like this post
lgayuchan

Likes # 0

@DTV2012 It is better to ask help from your Citizen's Advice Bureau at the same time access the Financial Ombudsman Service @ www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk as there is no point of keep contacting SMcall/sgs int'l when they dont do what they promised to do, a total waste of time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...