We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

is thise a gaming pc??

tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

i want to build my first gaming pc.... but before i wiil buy thise parts to build it i want an advice if thise is a good gaming pc..

thise is the specs:

1-GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard 2-AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor Socket AM3+ - FD8150FRGUBOX 3-EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2048 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 02G-P3-1559-KR 4-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B by Corsair 5-Western Digital 1 TB WD Blue SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive 6-Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - TX650 7-Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior (RC-430-KWN1)

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

The FX can compete with i5 (still doesn't really beat it), in some multi-threaded applications, like video editing, but for gaming i5 absolutely murders the FX, in gaming, by 50% to 80%. If you check out a site like "anandtech" you can compare pairs of cpu's (and graphics cards), in various benchmark tests. You will see they swap places in some of the multi-thread test, but i5 is WAY out in front, in the gaming benchmarks.

The GTX 660 is good mid-range card, and EVGA is ok. The MSI, or the twin fanned Gigabyte versions have a bit better performance, but it may be a question of what's available.

Will have a look for a suitable component site. Had some problems, for a build, in Macedonia, so will "dig up" what I did there.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

This would "appear" to be a reasonable supplier, which serves Cyprus. I have no idea how reliable they are (seems reasonably profession), so you need to satisfy yourself, on that.

http://www.bioniconline.eu/catalog/partlist.aspx?CategoryID=492

Like this post
tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

thank you for answering my questions and find the 'mistakes' on my build.. your advice it was very helpful..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features