We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

is thise a gaming pc??

tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

i want to build my first gaming pc.... but before i wiil buy thise parts to build it i want an advice if thise is a good gaming pc..

thise is the specs:

1-GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard 2-AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor Socket AM3+ - FD8150FRGUBOX 3-EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2048 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 02G-P3-1559-KR 4-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B by Corsair 5-Western Digital 1 TB WD Blue SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive 6-Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - TX650 7-Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior (RC-430-KWN1)

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 1

The 560 isn't too bad, certainly better than 550Ti. The 560 is really about the minimum, you'd call a gaming card. It will play most games, at 1080p, as long as you are not demanding the highest settings. There could be better choices all round. What is your budget, and will see if I can put something better together, for you.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 1

If you want a good gaming PC then you should upgrade the Gtx 550Ti to 560Ti or at least a 560 if budget not allowed.

Like this post
tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

is 560 a good enough gaming card?

Like this post
tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

for the video card i can give about 250 dollars

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have a 550 Ti and plays OK.. Am running Doom 3 and Dishonored with no problems.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

"250 dollars"

Are you from the US? This is a UK based forum so we're not as used to sourcing parts from across the pond, but that's no problem :o)

First comment I would make is regarding the CPU. The Intel i5 series generally outperform the AMD FX series, especially at gaming, so you may want to consider choosing one of those instead. Preferably the i5 3570K if your budget allows.

You could buy the Nvidia GTX660 2GB for $230 from NewEgg which is an excellent graphics card.

Like this post
tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

i am not from usa,i am from cyprus-greece...:)))

i know that intel cpu is better but is too expensive so i choice amd.. but i think that amd fx-8150 it will be great for gaming. so is thise side you give me can ship items to cyprus??

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Using an i5-3570K together with a mobo, like ASRock Z77 Extreme4, would be your most potent option, although it would be around $40 more, plus you would need to add a cooler for $30 (the same is true of your build).

A cheaper option would be a locked i5-3470 and a H77 mobo, which would be the same price, or even less, than your AMD option, and would still be more powerful.

You could save some money, by reducing PSU wattage. 500w would be adequate, with i5, but 550w might be a good choice, using Rosewill Hive, or XFX (both very good, the Hive is modular)

For GPU, would suggest MSI TwinFrozr GTX660 @ $225, or, if happy with a radeon, the slightly more powerful MSI TwinFrozr HD7870 @ $245.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

You were doing your post re Cyprus, at same time as I was doing mine, based on USA prices.

However, Intel isn't more expensive. True, if you went for i5-3570K, it would cost more, but would be a LOT better. But if you use i5-3450 or 3470, it would still be better, than the FX, and cost no more, because motherboard would be cheaper (plus you wouldn't have to ADD a cooler).

I presume, someone like Amazon will ship to Cyprus, but don't know about delivery costs. If you can suggest a site (where were you using for your AMD build), could put something together for you, that would be better, and cost (hopefully) no more.

Like this post
tomahawkcy

Likes # 0

i build thise pc on amazon.com but unfortunately they dont ship to cyprus so i want a site which it will be cheap as amazon(beacuse i calculate the price on my parts and is the max money i can afford)

really i dont knew that an intel i5 it will be better than one 8core amd.. (so thank you for assissting me with your posts:)

for gpu i think i will choice evga geforce gtx 600(a frend have it too and is a great gaming card)isnt it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks