We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bannersbroker is not ponzi, scam, mlm, pyramid

starluck

Likes # 0

Hi, I know you've closed the previous post but I would just like to give my view, and I hope you don't lock this!! I joined Bannersbroker in December 2011 with trepidation but I need not have worried - I withdrew the money I had initially put in (500$) 7 months later, now I am buying more panels so get more money, I have not and do not intend to put in any more $s, it's all profit now & I withdrew 500$ to my BB card yesterday. Also my upline who has helped me understand and work the programme gains credits from me not $s and it is a one line programme not pyramid or mlm.

Any responses will be answered

Happy Sunday

Annie aka starluck aka stardust

Like this post
Acrylic1

Likes # 0

I had to comment on this thread, the Forum Editor is quite correct is saying be cautious about Banners Broker.

I hope posting URL's here is ok, because there is a wealth of information showing this to be a ponzi scheme on www.realscam.com and www.whirlpool.net.au

I welcome any Banners Broker to sign up to either of those forums and try to explain this business, because many have tried and failed in the past.

The people behind Banners Broker have been involved in previous scams (research ICF World Homes) - Rajiv Dixit, Kul Julson / Kurt Kornelson. CEO 'Chris Smith' appears to be an assumed name, as there is no history anywhere on the internet about this supposed maths and IT genius. Simon Stepsys is a well-known scammer (and promoter of BB). In general, all the top echelon are very, very dodgy people.

Interestingly, today the top UK person Ian Driscoll 'resigned' from Banners Broker. Also the original Canadian 'business' of Banners Broker has supposedly closed and all support is being out-sourced to Stella Corp. Stella is in fact Banners Broker (Canada) Limited, the registration name was simply changed and Stella is still owned by Rajiv Dixit.

An out and out ponzi scheme. Sunday World have published articles saying so, Irelands Radio1 have a very entertaining podcast with Paul McCarthy. One would imagine if Banners was a real business, they would have unleashed the lawyers by now, but we all know that is never going to happen.

Apologies for the long post, Banners Broker is a dirty business that will ruin a lot of people and family relationships.

Matt

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

as long as there are plenty of stupid , greedy people around , predators like Banners Broker will thrive

Like this post
Acrylic1

Likes # 0

Like this post
banners broker

Likes # 0

Hi nice banners broker info !!! I have question ! What happened to Organic Traffic ? Is this possible Now ?

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Ever since I heard about BB , I have wondered why , if it's system was so amazing , why we haven't seen a whole raft of companies doing the same ?

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

As usual, anyone actually promoting or involved with Banners Broker asks/writes in a virtually illiterate manner, leaving most people except the gullible and desperate gasping at their ineptitude. Those schemers who developed this scam sprayed a few professional-sounding terms around and promised to double "investors" money, and fooled many, many people into believing this was enough to prove it would rival Google.

Look, aside from a few sites owned by Banners Broker promoters, there are no revenue-generating advertisements. That cannot be repeated enough. All that guff about a "blind network" is just tosh, and mis-uses the expression. The only blind bit here is the fools parted from their money.

Money paid out ONLY comes from new members joining, and that is unsustainable. There is every indication that this will soon collapse; offices that were meant to open on Jan 2nd are still closed, payments that should have been made are weeks late, and many of the "higher management seem to have vanished. Police have raided the India offices, and charged those involved.

Early adopters will, no doubt, make money. Many more may be scrabbling around now touting for more members so they too can recoup their losses. Most late joiners will, in the words of Anne Robinson, "leave with nothing". If a punter is lucky enough to be able to claim to have made money, it will be money they have stolen from somebody else, nothing less than that. Anyone involved with BB who criticises the scheme also stands to have their account closed and lose all their investment. Does that sound like any business you have ever heard of?

This will follow the pattern of so so many earlier schemes... Indeed, the perpetrators of this scheme have been involved in others (that collapsed) before this one. Some of them have, indeed, already started promoting their next "investment opportunity", and are hunting down more gullible idiots or desperate and naive individuals.

Early on, there was little information about this scam. Now there is sufficient that anyone involved who is able to do a little internet research must realise what is really going on. Those shouting that this is the best investment ever are doing so because they must. They must because they are told if they write anything negative they forfeit all their money. They must because in order to have any chance of a payout they must encourage even more gullible idiots to join the scam.

It is tragic, but it is not funny. There are many "investors" from Third-World countries and the elderly (with limited or no internet access) who stand to lose everything - EVERYTHING - from this. They will be left homeless, penniless and with absolutely no future. Schemes such as this have resulted in suicides before, and this one will probably result in the same.

In my opinion, anyone who participates in schemes such as this, and certainly anyone who writes one favourable word on the matter, has the responsibility for such deaths directly on their hands. It is cruel and exploitative.

If you read this, and are thinking of joining... DON'T!

If you have joined, contact the Financial Authorities in your own country immediately. If you have joined, you will also have sent off considerable identity documentation. You may wish to consider the implications of this, the risk of identity theft, and to contact your bank/credit card issuer accordingly.

Like this post
bjh.

Likes # 0

nickF

Sadly, there are quite a few similar.... investments ... making the rounds. There always are, and they all follow the same pattern. It's a very profitable "business" if you start one, or if you are a seasoned investor. For the vast, vast majority, it is easier to burn your money.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have registered boredom with this thread in the past, but well said bjh ! I totally agree with your comments which did interest me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

bjh. very nicely put and just about sums it up

"Money paid out ONLY comes from new members joining"

"Schemes such as this have resulted in suicides before, and this one will probably result in the same.

In my opinion, anyone who participates in schemes such as this, and certainly anyone who writes one favourable word on the matter, has the responsibility for such deaths directly on their hands. It is cruel and exploitative.

If you read this, and are thinking of joining... DON'T!"

I've reposted those comments from bjh from page 5, and would recommend that the full post be read.

Like this post
MrMannie

Likes # 0

I've come to this "party" a little late, unfortunately someone I know got involved and tried to persuade me to join. bjh has pretty much summed up how I feel about these things perfectly, but there is one thing I would like to add.

To open an account this company asks people to send government approved photocopies of their ID. So essentially as well as money they have either a driving licence or passport copy of people who have signed up. Considering the history of some of the people involved that has to be pretty terrifying.

Also, on their website it says "BannersBroker.com stores scanned documents received from its affiliate in a bit shifted format. This format is not stored on the file system, but in the database in an ambiguously named table."

So, glad to know it's not just sitting on the network somewhere! But, no mention of encryption, you might say it's assumed but I think that would be a dangerous assumption. As for "in the database in an ambiguously named table" - well, possibly not the highest security recommendation ever.

As has been said sometimes it seems so ridiculous it makes you laugh, but then you remember this will really hurt some people. The person I know is not a bad person, but is in a bad financial situation and I think let desperation overrule logic. I'm sure he's not the only one who will get hit by this, and the hit is not just financial - people persuade friends and family to join these things and who knows what the effect will be on those relationships.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more