We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freecycle

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I think I've had it with Freecycle/Freegle and their derivatives.

Yet again, for the third or fourth time I've waited for someone who failed to show, picked from over 100 responses.

In the past I've had abuse because the fully working dishwasher they came for had a perished inlet hose, I've been asked to deliver (many times) and been told they didn't really want the item but it seemed "too good an opportunity to miss".

I've come round to think the skip is a lot less trouble.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Morddwyd

Sounds like you've been very unlucky. I regularly use our local Freegle to get rid of stuff which is no longer needed and over 40-ish transactions, have never had a no show or a comeback. I always mark the initial offering with "Buyer collects from xxxx" and take care to ensure that my description highlights any problems with the item. Even things that don't work such as an old radio and a portable cassette player(!) have been snapped up cos people reckon they can repair them or use them for spares.

Freegle is a great idea and, as you said, loads of people use it very successfully. Don't let a couple of bad experiences put you off

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

SS1

I take your point, but I find the bad experiences now tend to outnumber the good ones!

People are just too greedy and expect too much.

I've already had " I can take it off your hands if you want to get rid of it".

Soon the will be adding ".... for a small fee for my petrol costs"!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote