We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tranquilpc, the worst experience in my life in pc world

guidom

Likes # 0

First of all sorry for my english. I bought and paid for a tranquilpc server at the end of May, I'm still waiting and 19 weeks have passed. Every so often a certain Liz answered my email and shows me a ship date which is not ever respected. It 'a nightmare, I have never experienced a similar situation. Stay away from tranquilpc, do not make my mistake. I have no idea how to fix this, except wait and hope again.

Thank you. Guido

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Your English is fine.

The treatment you have received is a disgrace. From what you have said about the messages you've received it seems to me that you have not been told the true position. For a company to say that "you order is scheduled to be dispatched around the 2nd to 3rd week of July." when you ordered and paid for it in May is already unacceptable.

Sending you messages that eventually mean you still haven't received your item in the middle of October is almost unheard of - it's an appalling state of affairs. Companies can sometimes experience high sales volumes that mean delivery delays occur, and that's understandable. What isn't understandable is why this company gave you a delivery forecast that turned out to be so wildly wrong, and then followed up with yet more forecasts that were not met.

I'm unable to find a single good reason why you should wait any longer, and in your position I would now be asking for a refund.

Like this post
guidom

Likes # 0

I had a reply at the end few hours ago.

*Hello Guido,

I can confirm that your order has been cancelled and passed through to our accounts team for the refund to take place. Kind regards Liz*

Very good news, I am sure that this post in the forum was very useful to solve the problem.

Thank you again for your help and your support. I hope to post a replay soon that the refund arrived.

Guido

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That's good news.

I think you really have Nontek to thank for this - he contacted the company about your problem.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, great news guidom, we look forward to your final reply and confirmation of your refund.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Surely you are also entitled to some sort of compensation after having waited months. I expect you might have paid interest as you paid by credit card. This is a terrible experience and I admire your patience. If this company is worth it's salt they should make you a goodwill gesture of some sort.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

rickf

Let's first see if they have the decency to refund the money immediately and not in 30 days (or longer) time!

Like this post
guidom

Likes # 0

Refund arrived.

Thank you again for your help and your friendly support.

Guido

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

ahem FE are you the real FE of PC Advisor have you been inondated with Zen. I have noticed you sound different. Have you turned a new leaf

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Guido

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

finerty

Yes, I'm the real FE of PC Advisor, and I haven't been inundated by anything. I've always been known as the cuddliest, friendliest FE in the galaxy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data