We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Eclipse Computers.com OMG Terrible company..

Portal11

Likes # 0

Hiya guys, two weeks ago i ordered a set of graphic cards and a hard drive from eclipsecomputers.com they took the money at time of transaction £380 or there abouts, i also paid for next day delivery and i made the HUGE mistake of not reviewing them before i used em, so day number one came no hardware? day two no hardware so i called them & was fobbed off with a rather rude guy on the & when i asked to speak to a manager he went very hostile with me and simply asked me if there was anything else he can help me with? (Basicly telling me where to go)

so i asked him where are my items?? they are days late so he told me that they were out of stock and had been for a while?? When I asked why my money had been taken for items they didn't actually have in stock at point of sale they told me that they usually processed all payments for all products shown on their website whether in stock or not "WHAT??" they then emailed/telephoned customers later to tell them that the products were out of stock and that they would have to wait until they were reordered before they could receive them??? surely this is just terrible customer service?

ive been almost 14 days & still ive had nothing from them & ive been in touch with my bank to cancel the whole thing, i will never use or advice anyone to use them again!! ive looked at some sites of other peoples reviews and in all the years of using the internet never seen such negative reviews? has anyone else used them?

Here is the reviews i so wished id of seen before i used them:

REVIEW ONE HERE

REVIEW TWO HERE

REVIEW THREE HERE

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have used Eclipse previously, two purchases went well, one purchase caused problems but a full refund was received after just one email request, so I would possibly use this firm a again if they had something I required.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...surely this is just terrible customer service?"

Taking money for items that are out of stock puts customers in a difficult position - either they have to wait, because they've paid, or go through the business of cancelling the order, in which case the supplier has up to 30 days to refund the card account.

Decent suppliers advertise the stock situation alongside each item, and many of them don't process the card charge until the point of despatch.

Make sure you confirm your order cancellation to the supplier via email. Just telling your bank isn't good enough.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...