We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Combined Fridge Freezer

onthelimit1
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a 3yr old Beko fridge freezer. This model has only one compressor and the thermostat is in the fridge compartement.

I am becoming concerned as the fridge seems very cold (+1, I'd expect +5) and the freezer insufficiently cold (-12, I'd expect -18). Anyone else experienced this sort of problem, as I'm at a loss to explain it?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

If its only 3 years old you may have some recourse. Domestic appliances should last a reasonable length of time. I seem to recall from a TV consumer program that something like 6 years is the acceptable term regardless of guarantees etc. and you may be able to get some sort of recompense.

Life spans of domestic appliances

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

BT - thanks - I'll try, but as it was bought from Comet, I won't hold my breath. May be wrong, of course!

Like this post
ovis

Likes # 0

Hi all

Briefly, on Panasonic website there is a cash back offer.

£75/€87 cashback, until 31st of January

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/Fridge-Freezers/Overview/4679191/index.html

now, if I check on moneysupermarket

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/shopping/pr/panasonic-nr-b32fw2-c119240-p26917282/

there are 2 offers at currys and appliance city of £699.

If I would apply for one of them, would I still get the offer on the Panasonic website? can I get it for £624?

Thanks, O.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Thermostat fault, May have ice in it. Its not Gas as it would not work if it started leaking I would stop altogether in a very short while

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite