We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Download Accelerator Plus - YouTube downloads failing

Han_Taylor

Likes # 0

Hi there,

I'm currently experiencing the following problem with DAP when attempting to download videos from YouTube (I can still download content from dailymotion.com).

1. I click on the "Download Video" button on the tool bar; after which I enter the link (I tended to copy and paste from Chrome's address bar - but the problem is the same if I use the integrated buttons below the YouTube video pane ).
  2. After verifying the DAP manager finds the various types of video format for the given link. I generally select MP4, but I've tried each of the formats as a check.
  3. I click the "download now" button and the next window moves to initializing; however instead of commencing the download the program re-boots initialization five times (blinking 5 times), then the initialization window closes and the download is reported as broken / failed.
  4. The problem is repeated when I try to resume the download or attempt to force the download.

I've been experiencing this problem for about 2 weeks now - any ideas why I can't get YouTube videos, when the program works with dailymotion.com? I've uninstalled and re-installed DAP twice to no avail.

I'm using Windows 7 Premium on a Acer Aspire 5741 laptop - which runs like a well oiled machine.

Hope you can help,

Many thanks, Han.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sounds as if Google is stopping DAP downloading. Try something like aTube Catcher.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sounds as if Google is stopping DAP downloading. Try something like aTube Catcher.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Search for Youtube downloader. It is an excellent programme!

Like this post
Han_Taylor

Likes # 0

I understand that YouTube is running more and more anti-leeching codes to id programs. Might be the problem. Thanks for the posts. I'll switch to a different program, like you say maybe DAP is blocked. Cheers, Han.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feed back. It's not 'might be' it is a fact. Anyway you have two recommendations of alternative Tube streaming down-loaders.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia