We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best value for money printer cartridges

PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I have an Epson SX440 and spent about £25 on some original Epson ink and I'm sure I haven't printed that much out - but it's already coming up that they are nearly empty!!

I have tried compatibles in the past but after the last lot I bought weren't recognised by the printer I went on to originals. I'm just surprised at how quick the originals have been used up.

Can anyone recommend any websites that sell decent compatibles and/or good price originals?

Thank you!

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Thank you romanby1 will have a look.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Installation is very simple.

The cartridges are replaced with a dummy cart connected to the in tanks with flexible tubing.

See here for a demonstration

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Personally I use a company called 'Stinkyink'. Web site www.stinkyink.com for my HP printer. They normally come in a Factory sealed container and seem to last for ages (and I do a lot of printing).

Cannot send link as forum will not allow (Classed as SPAM

You can buy sets, or individuals. If you get a duff one (Very rare) send it back (freepost envelope they supply) and they will send replacement.

Terry

Sorry if you think it is spam, I just was passing on my experience.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have a number of printers, and if possible use CISS or refill cartridge systems if available.

Having used some of the once well advertised compatible companies, I began to have problems and decided to use eBay due to cheapness. Never had a problem so far, and if you check close enough, you may find that some cartridges have extra ink to those supplied from the printer manufacturer or well known and advertised compatible supplier's.

At the end of the day, all it needs is a little homework!.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

inkredible

I use inkredible for my Epson printers, very good price and excellent service. www.inkredible.co.uk

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'll second Nontek .

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've normally used www.choicestationery.co.uk in the past, but when I changed my printer last they didn't list compatibles for it, so I bought a pack from www.7dayshop.com instead, worked out at about £2 a cartridge. I've not used these cartridges yet, as the originals that came with the printer have lasted a surprisingly long time

Quick tip for making your Epson cartridges last longer - never turn the printer off. Each time you power cycle the printer it cleans the heads, this uses ink at an alarming rate. Modern printers only use a tiny amount of power when on standby, so you're unlikely to spend more on power than you saved on ink...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert