We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best value for money printer cartridges

PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

I have an Epson SX440 and spent about £25 on some original Epson ink and I'm sure I haven't printed that much out - but it's already coming up that they are nearly empty!!

I have tried compatibles in the past but after the last lot I bought weren't recognised by the printer I went on to originals. I'm just surprised at how quick the originals have been used up.

Can anyone recommend any websites that sell decent compatibles and/or good price originals?

Thank you!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I just use cheapose from a Computer Fair for my Epson RX620 from new

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS depending how many I buy they work out at about £5 for a set of 5 carts that fit my printer

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Type in the URL at the top Computerfair.com then on the left for where to get them

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Thanks woodchip will have a nosey :-)

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

There are Ciss ink systems available.

I got mine from an Ebay seller from France.. Cost me £33 for a pigment ink system including postage. Delivery was about 4 days and came with a instructional DVD and printed instructions.

CISS ink systems

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Gosh I've never heard of one of them before. How long do they last?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

"How long do they last?"

It varies but each ink tank holds 100ml of ink usually, so they outlast many sets of cartridges and you can buy ink to top them up, but at the price they are its only the cost of a couple of sets of cartridges, so well worth the initial cost.

I had one on my Epson D92 for several years, and now have one on my SX235W.

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

That sounds interesting BT - will they definitely be "rec

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Sorry about that - it should have said "Will they definitely be recognised by my printer" - and how do they connect to the printer - do you need a lot of room around the printer for them - and do you have to have the printer lid open to use them?

I have an all in one printer/copier/scanner so I gather this won't work on mine.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I havve used Internet Ink compatibles for many years with no problems whatsoever. Also they give 10% discount for future orders. Cartridges for my Brother printer have twice as much ink as the Brother originals.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features