We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Liverpool Victoria LV Car Insurance For/Against

tonyq

Likes # 0

My car Insurance is up for renewal shortly,and am thinking of going to LV (now with Saga). I would be pleased to hear from you good people if you have had good/bad dealings with them.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech consumer advice from Speakers corner.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I am with them. Can't comment re claims as I have not had to make one but customer services re enquiries and clarification are good and competent.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I'd follow the advice given by MSE. You will need to go to step 2 but there are some good tips in step 1.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't know about car insurance, but I've just had major problems with them over a household policy claim for a damaged laptop.

First of all they wanted me to go to see their agent in Stafford. I live in Fife!

Then they offered a replacement which was so far below the spec of my broken one that the retail cost was less than the cost of replacement parts, not including labour and VAT, for the broken one.

Took three months to settle the claim, and they went right down to the wire with my request for a final "company complaints procedure" letter so that I could complain to the regulator.

This was after about ten years without a claim.

I doubt they'll get much more of my business.

It is truly said that you don't know how good your insurance company is until you make a claim.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

LV have covered my car for about 4yrs now. I would say they deal fairly and promptly with me, and so far no snags or mysterious add-ons in any deal.

Had some panel damage in the first year with LV after reversing into a concrete bollard.

They met the claim promptly on the understanding that since I was finding my own (local) repairer they would neither provide a loan car, nor cover the workmanship as a warranty. Fine by me because the ding happened within 1/4 mile of the excellent local repair facility. LV wanted to collect and take it 15 miles from here.

I have a protected no claim discount and the premium had a modest increase along with most car insurance companies.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

The only niggle I have about changing from Saga to LV,although LV is cheaper, there personal belongings only goes up to max of £200, Saga goes up to max £1000. As I carry Golf clubs ect and Photography equipment (usually not at the same time)£200 is soon devoured. On ringing them they said the £200 cannot be altered.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I'm with Saga and have been for a number of years.

One feature I like is the one that allows any driver to drive your car for you in case of a medical or other emergency. The way I read it is that the emergency driver only has to have a drivers license and not insurance of their own as with most policies.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have been with LV two years, Not had to make no claims. I am one of those drivers that as to pay for other to smash up there cars or have them stolen

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I've just changed from Saga to Tesco for my car insurance. LV were competitive on price but Tesco were offering £50 worth of petrol, the main sticking point for our car insurance is that the wife insists on zero voluntary deductible and not all will do that.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have been with them for car and home insurance for years and get a discount through the Civil Service Motoring Association. I made a claim recently for a damaged bath with no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September