We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus 7 - how much do you use yours?

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Yes, its my new toy,and wonder whether I'm using it too much? I will need to charge it again tomorrow. Oh it holds charge OK, but I've got mine on all day - can a tablet withstand extended use like this, or only be powered up for short periods?

Ange X

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

I find that holding a charge is pretty rubbish compared to the ipad,it can be slow to go from portrait to landscape and it does not seem to hold a decent Wi-Fi signal as well as the pad. But and this is a big but it was a damn sight cheaper than the ipad so that is a massive bonus.

On a personal note I am not sure I like the smaller screen but in saying that it does make it more convenient to carry.

One thing I have noticed is that using Google drive the Nexus 7 syncs far better/quicker/easier than the iCloud which I had so many problems with. Another plus is that your apps are stored in the cloud so easier to transfer to another device, I don't think itunes/Apple made this very easy at all.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Morning Chronus... phew!! Sooo many views, and you're the first to answer! Was getting worried there. That's interesting - My WiFi signal i excellent, with 3 other devices using it at the same time - but then I have very fast WiFi. I think I'm needing to charge it each day, but as I said - I'm currently using it MOST of the day -0 it's a new toy remember, the novelty might wear off soon lol lol. Not having probs portrait to landscape either - perhaps I've got a good one! Have found a free app - can watch ALL the UK terrestrial TV stations. Excellent. Eat ya heart out BBCiplayer... 8-)

Ange x

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Ange I have just bought a Nexus, what is this app you have for watching TV ? Sounds very useful. It's a pity we have lost the old yellow envelope, solved a lot of issues.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made