We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Who to complain to re: websites not working properly

LanceAlot

Likes # 0

There's two websites which have customer support but some of the pages aren't working properly because the drop-down menus make it impossible to proceed to the following pages. One is Bupa and the other is Samsung. Neither is easy to contact by email to get a response (go figure).

Is there a higher body I can complain to?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I had a problem with a few sites,i ran ccleaner,this solved my problem.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't have a problem with the BUPA site and I don't have a difficulty with Samsung but it may help to state which site that it is. The contact page on BUPA's site had a feedback form and the accessibility page gives tip for viewing the webpage.

Samsung has this page.

Which browser are you using? I think that it may be a problem on your system.

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

I was on the Samsung site yesterday with no problems

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Is there a higher body I can complain to?"

Not really. Companies run their websites as they see fit, and unless they actually defraud or mislead it's their problem.

Bit like finding your local Tesco is shut at 10.00am - you can complain to head office but that is about all.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

9)A lot of website have a 'webmaster' link, usually at the bottom of the home page.

Most of the complaints I get about our website are people using older PC's with old browsers (or IE 9 - which is not compatible with published web standards)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I found no problems with the BUPA site. There's a comprehensive email contact form which is pretty easy to find. Click here if you want to use it

Samsung also has easy-to-find email information too. Click here for that

Like this post
CommandJG

Likes # 0

Same here. The problem was solved when I ran CCleaner.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I was having this problem after some updates. Took me a while to get the answer try this:- Ie9/tools/manage add-ons/ and disable Shockwave Flash Object . everything is flying again.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

I installed Samsung Kies thought it was that, and after I followed its installation path I was not happy about it (might just be me) so I uninstalled it with revo uninstaller and it found that after the programme did a self uninstal there were still 3,800 files left in the directory, lot of ticking of boxes to do.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

My post Yesterday at 4:13PM .

Just found out that adobe flash player had done an automatic update to adobe 11, at the same time that my problems started, I have unistalled 11 and reinstalled the earlier or previous adobe10 as well as re-inabling adobe shockwave object and everthing operating OK again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite