We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ebuyer - awful customer service. Do NOT buy from Ebuyer

funkadelia

Likes # 0

Please, under NO circumstances buy from Ebuyer, the worse company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with...

I have received the most awful customer service imaginable from Ebuyer. I recently bought a £500 Acer Aspire laptop which worked fine for a few weeks until I placed it on my desk one evening and woke to find that it had a significant screen bleed on right hand side of the display. The laptop has been sensibly stored each evening and has received light use since I bought it.

I informed Ebuyer and they asked me to return the laptop. I received no information from them - other to confirm that they had received the machine - until seven days later when I was sent the email below. It contains no detail as to what ‘physical damage’ they refer to. I find this attitude to customer service appalling.

On ringing the company, I was told that the laptop had been physically damaged (the screen had a crack in it) and the damage was not covered under terms of the warranty. I told them that the laptop was packed in its original box and when it left my care had no crack in it whatsoever. Continuing to refute their implication that I had damaged the laptop, I found that I met a ‘brick wall’ and they would not provide me with any aftercare. I asked Ebuyer to consider that it may have been broken in transit but they told me that the courier was not their responsibility.

I am now preparing to receive a laptop back that is unusable. To make matters worse, I have no funds available to repair or replace the machine. I will continue to inform review sites, together with Which magazine of the inadequate service I have been provided.

I have since received photos from Ebuyer showing the impact area. In response I have sent them photos taken of the laptop before it was sent showing the area of screen bleed but absolutely no impact mark. I'm even considering that would have make the mark themselves just to avoid liability as the laptop was protected in polystyrene and packaged as it had originally been sent!

Again, do NOT buy from Ebuyer!

Ebuyer Customer Support returns@ebuyer.com 11:41 AM (2 hours ago)

[Physical Damage]

RMA Number:1158042

Dear Paul Hodge,

The damage caused to your returned goods is not covered by warranty. The goods will be returned with no further action. Kind regards, Ebuyer Technical Support www.ebuyer.com

Like this post
funkadelia

Likes # 0

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I've never had a problem with Ebuyer.

On one occasion when buying components for a self build they sent a wrong DVD drive. After informing them they sent the correct one and let me keep the first one for free.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

funkadelia yes, you asked me not to shop at ebuyer like I'd be doing it for you.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Give the guy a break. It seems he may have a genuine cause to complain. In the heat of the moment we all can succumb to posting something in this manner.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

He wasn't asking for help. He was asking "Please, don't buy at Ebuyer", as a request.

JK quite rightly said that he saw no reason to grant such a request, and would buy wherever he wanted.

A bit of a harsh response maybe, but so was the original post.

E buyer has a good reputation on this forum, as a search would have found, but the OP was asking everybody to dump them on the basis of one bad transaction.

I wouldn't use them myself as I have also had a less than satisfactory experience with them, but I would simply advise people that they can be unreliable, rather than shout never use them.

All suppliers have bad days.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I, too, will never use them again.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It may have been a good IDEA to checkout Acer Laptop Reviews and Problems before you chose to buy one. Me for one would not buy one, as they are flimsy, also as above have had lots of these screen problems

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS Why not try getting it Repaired with Acer under warranty

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...