We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Banners broker.com. Genuine or not?

Sapins

Likes # 0

Has anyone come across organisation? A friend has told me about it and she says her initial investment of $1225 has now risen in 12 weeks to $28000. I have done a google search and some replies say it is not a scam, but, the majority of hits are to a direct link to the website and a "referers" name is always at the top of he register form! Should this ring bells?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I don't see the point of your last paragraph, it has absolutely nothing to do with your subject matter.

You asked for comments, and I've made some, based on my research. Whether or not you pay any attention is of course entirely up to you. All I can do is remind you of what I said earlier - real earnings consist of money in your bank, rather than figures on a web page.

The web is littered with complaints from people who experienced difficulties when trying to withdraw their total earnings, and that alone is something that would make me think twice.

Like this post
dave1223

Likes # 0

So I guess that your research wasn't successful.. It seems that you didn't realy pay attention to a few rules of the company. Ofcourse that BB can't pay you 100% profit immediately, that is why they provide you the choice wether to take out 50% of your earning to your e-wallet and then to your BB prepaid card/STP/Payza.

Banners Broker are not a fast track money method. It all works on online advertising. they don't sell panels, their product is ad impressions.

Yes, you can get involved as a agent, help them pay for the ad space online, but you can also make your profit by having a website and letting them advertise in your website, by that you receive money and traffic to your website.

http://eng.mybbil.com/?page_id=25

read the Publisher/Advertiser section.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

"I don't see the point of your last paragraph, it has absolutely nothing to do with your subject matter."

It was you who brought up the subject of getting all your money out of the business, I just posed the same question about the PCA business!

dave1223, whose research?

Mine has revealed absolutely no negatives and no response from the newspaper expert, the FE has also found no negatives, apart from his personal opinions.

I read all the T&Cs three times over and I am perfectly satisfied that the company is %100 OK.

I will post back when I have withdrawn real money to my bank account and when I have recovered my initial investment, after that it will be when I buy my top of the range Silver Mercedes!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There's no comparison between our company and the one we're discussing here, which is why I find your question about us so weird. Our company is owned by its shareholders, and if they want their money they simply sell their shares in the conventional way. You haven't bought shares in the company you're involved with, you've paid upfront to buy advertising space which you must resell to someone else if you want to recover your

You say 'the FE has also found no negatives, apart from his personal opinions, but that's not true. I'vecalready said that the internet contains many complaints from people who haven't been able to withdraw the full amount apparently owing to them when they tried.

I very much hope this works out for you, but at the moment I see nothing to Indicate that it is anything other than a type of pyramid selling operation.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

FE, I take your point in your first paragraph. The web site was down recently which did cause "Withdrawal Symptoms", couldn't resist that.

I would ask that you do not use the term "pyramid Selling" It is totally untrue that there is any similarity whatsoever. Some further information for you from an individual who did research on the company.

"These few children obviously have a vandetta against the site as they go to earth ends to make a fuss.

So I did a little investigating myself. A few weeks ago I spoke to mastercard and below you will find the information in regards to my investigation

1.. I spoke to the HQ(BannersBroker) here in Canada as I only live 30ish minutes away. I have set up a date to go and visit their office and they are allowing me to take some pictures of the inside and out to an extent. As Im fairly busy and Im sure they are too, we agreed on a date of October 18. This is for people's interest to be able to see the HQ and not being taken as a skeptic. I am merily interested and have NO reason to disprove the company at all. They seem very excitied to meet me.

2. I called mastercard to verify.The first number I called and asked about them being affiliated with banners broker told me there are thousands of merchants around the world and she did not know. She then gave me a number to MasterCard international where again the gentleman explained he does not have those kinds of answers. I pressed him explaining "surely if there is a fraudulant company running around, mastercard would protect its interests, please tell me where I can contact them". Again he said he wouldnt know where to start via telephone. He gave me an email which is a mastercard consumer report based int he United States.

I emailed them and this is their response

Dear Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Mastercard Consumer services. In regards to your enquiry, I can confirm that the company BannersBroker is registered with us. However, their interests seem based solely on the prepaid Mastercards.

Your question in regards to "how does a company get approved by mastercard".

Let me answer this question for you. Mastercard has numerous agents in place that investigate companies on a daily basis especially companies interested in using our brand. They are investigated thoroughly and either approved or declined. In this case the company mentioned has been approved.

I hope this answers your questions.

Feel free to contact us with any further enquiries."

Don't know why some print is in bold and larger than the rest!

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Well, I've done but a few minutes research into it, and I wouldn't invest, or advise anyone else to invest. I'd advise anyone who had money in it to withdraw their money. It doesn't appear to be a sustainable model, particularly with growth forecasts that some are claiming (and some, no doubt, are making).

There seems to be an unhealthy belief in the business plan, which is being promoted in various quarters of the internet with what approaches religious zeal... understandably, because many of those are investors who will profit most from referral and growth. Yes, I realise you don't have to make referrals to earn money, but those that make many will earn highly.

Sapins: what's the link to your quote - what is the original source? Who is this rather ungrammatical "individual"? Why does he think that Mastercard would make a good vetting agent for his investments? We, on this forum, have seen many (computer) companies trading and accepting orders by Visa/Mastercard when we are all pretty sure they will cease trading soon. Sometimes we are wrong, sometimes we are right.

Tread carefully, and avoid investing anything you can't lose without losing more than a night's sleep.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

bjh, thanks for your input.

I would like to know what your few minutes research found, because I had a long search and found nothing negative.

The ungrammatical individual was member of a forum, a bit like some people on here, which doesn't negate the value of their posts does it?

Mastercard would not approve of a dodgy company would they? and the company doesn't accept orders by Mastercard, It issues Prepaid Mastercards. I should add that it is not selling any products, it buys and re-sells internet advertising space just like Google, but it gives a share of the profit to investors.

This company has been going for over two years, would they have lasted as long if they were scamming people?

Finally, I do not invest money i can't afford to lose so I am continuing with this company.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Sapins

My few minutes research found very little solid evidence of a sound and sustainable business plan. I found none of the financial websites that I subscribe to recommending this as a sound venture, and none of the serious press recommended it either. I failed to find any financial expert that I had heard of beforehand recommending the venture. I saw plenty of wild and speculative assertions of what earnings potential was, yet not a single clearly worked-up study giving verifiable data. Most, if not all, the supporters of the venture appeared to be investors. None appeared to be giving disinterested information.

The ungrammatical nature of the post does, in my opinion, considerably devalue it - to say the least. It is also poorly reasoned, illogical, and inexpert in understanding of the role of Mastercard. It gives no impression of understanding legal or financial matters, or of reasoned argument.

Yes, we have plenty of poorly spelt and ungrammatical posts on here. Often, within a few words, one realises that the poster does really know their subject and is posting quickly/when tired/slightly merry/distracted, but that it is worth reading, because they know of what they write. Other times, poor spelling, poor grammar and poor sentence structure might offer an early warning that their suggestion to format the hard drive or the like might be.... suspect. Here, the posting shows me, in my opinion, they have little understanding of what they write.

However, as this quotation is being bandied around (not just here) as "proof" that BB is honest, it seems a valid question to ask as to who is making this statement, and how accurate it is. Personally, I strongly doubt the accuracy of the statement, as the portion attributed to a Mastercard operative doesn't actually seem to state very much, and certainly doesn't "verify" the company concerned.

Mastercard have absolutely no interest in whether some aspects of a company are dodgy or not. They will only be interested in whether their own financial interests are secure, and whether Mastercard would be seen as in any way liable for any of the illegal actions. They are in no way acting as a guarantor of the company, its integrity, honesty, probity or future financial viability. For the poster to suggest they do shows naivety. That this is being widely touted as proof of the scheme suggests how weak other supporting evidence is. We on this forum have frequently been aware of companies trading that are likely to fail within a few days or even hours. Visa & Mastercard will still take orders from customers, refunding only those to whom they have such a legal obligation.

Do not believe the comparison with Google advertising; there are few parallels. Would they have survived two years if they were scamming people? Well, the average Ponzi scheme has to run for a couple of years or so before it fails; that's the nature of the beast. Do I believe this is a straightforward Ponzi or Pyramid scheme? No, certainly not, it is a lot more complicated than that. Do I believe nobody will make money? Nope, some certainly will (and some certainly have).

However, do I think it a wise investment to make? No.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Sapins

You seem intent on believing that I have inferred some kind of illegaliity as far as this company is concerned, but I haven't done anything of the kind.

Having an online merchant status with a credit card company is proof of nothing,apart from the fact that a trader meets the card company's criteria for online transaction status.

In any event, you've made your decision. You asked for comments, and we've provided them. In due course I'll look forward to hearing that all is going well.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

"You seem intent on believing that I have inferred some kind of illegaliity as far as this company is concerned, but I haven't done anything of the kind."

"it's pyramid selling in my book, but that's a personal opinion ;"

"but at the moment I see nothing to Indicate that it is anything other than a type of pyramid selling operation."

Well, what were you inferring when you posted these comments? Pyramid Selling as you well know is illegal and unless you have positive proof please refrain from mentioning it again.

Tell you what, I'll forward this thread to the company and let them decide on the validity of your comments.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...