We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Banners broker.com. Genuine or not?

Sapins

Likes # 0

Has anyone come across organisation? A friend has told me about it and she says her initial investment of $1225 has now risen in 12 weeks to $28000. I have done a google search and some replies say it is not a scam, but, the majority of hits are to a direct link to the website and a "referers" name is always at the top of he register form! Should this ring bells?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

This is getting tedious and boring now !!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Sapins

Please don't tell me what I can or cannot say. I'm not your enemy here, I'm trying to help.

Why don't you stop making your rather offensive threats, and wait to let your own experiences and results speak for themselves? I sincerely hope that your investment produces an excellent return, and I look forward to hearing about it here.

In the meantime, ask yourself why nobody can join this scheme without being referred by an existing member.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

There is never anything for nothing in this world, too many people living off the gullible. and foolish that think they can get the above for nothing. As FE says it's too easy to see. These are the best type off Con Men, and will fleas you of your savings. But who am I to say, as Age and experience do not seem to mean much today they people still have to live and learn, and do it the hard way. Can be Expensive in more ways than one sometimes.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'm a bit puzzled by the way this thread has developed.

The original poster told us about some scheme he'd heard of, and asked, "Should this ring any bells?", presumably alarm bells.

Several people said they thought it should, and one or two of them gave reasons.

He has taken umbrage at this, and come out strongly in support of the company.

Well, if our opinions weren't wanted, why were they asked for?

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

OK, no more posts until I have personal positive proof the company is genuine.

I do appreciate people giving their opinions though.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Sapins

It doesn't come across as if you appreciated the opinions offered. You asked, and we looked for you. We offered our personal opinion. Possibly because you had, by then, formed your own strong opinion and invested, you appeared highly critical of those disagreeing with you - I'd say exhibiting the same overenthusiasm that I, and others, suggested investors exhibited.

I'd still agree with the FE. BB is a hair's breadth from being a pyramid investment scheme. Other sources agree. Yes, the adverts could earn money (no real sign they are...), but most of the payout appears to come from the newer investors. I still haven't found any support from what I would consider recognised investment sources. I still don't believe there is a long-term viable business plan. Certainly, early investors should (and have) made money, but I can't believe it is highly likely to continue.

l hope you get your "positive proof that the company is genuine", I really do. However, I think you should keep your mind open to the possibility you could be wrong. l could be too, in which case I'll wave as your Learjet fly overhead!

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Another attempt to sign up new blood for this scheme... click his link, and you'll add money to his coffers, if not your own.... F.E. deleted the previous attempts to recruit.

This will soon go the way of Zeek rewards - and many others. Those at the very top will never be identified. There will be a few who will turn in what they know for immunity from prosecution. A fair number below that may well get away with considerable, if rather questionable, riches. The vast, vast majority will, in the words of Anne Robinson, leave with nothing.

Please do not sign up for this. Look up Zeek rewards to see how it works - or rather doesn't.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Oh, just one more worry for those who "invest". You are asked for details such as bank account details - including the security code from your card - photo ID, various other personal information.... Just the kind of detail one is always advised to protect most carefully, and not the kind of information that most online businesses insist on your giving them....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have now deleted the post to which bjh refers - it was someone who wanted others to sign up using him as a sponsor.

As I suspected might happen, this thread has been picked up in Google searches, and is now attracting spam posts by people who want to recruit others into the Bannersbrokers scheme. We don't allow our forum threads to be used for that purpose, and with apologies to you, Sapins, I am going to lock your thread.

Perhaps you'll post another one when you have some experiences to share.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...