We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Crash Dumps Whilst playin steam!!

Tomfri2

Likes # 0

I have recently upgraded my system as I wanted to start playing more upto date games, I bought a new MB, Asus P8Z68-V LX Socket 1155, and processor, Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155, I also bought G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit, I am using this with two harddrives, and a Geforce 460 GTX, also my psu is 650 watts. When playing on steam every so often, my comp gives me BSOD and says it is crash dumping, then more recently it just has been freezing with a loud whirring noise coming from my speakers, then goes to crash dump screen, I am worried that maybe my PSU cant run my computer, as my new mb has two power pins with only one in, but a friend assured me that you do not need both to run, and my omp runs fine apart from this, also top of my pc feels quite hot to touch which made me wonder is it a failing PSU, but I do not know what causes this error, I have taken a pic of error codes after windows restart if thats any help, please help me !!!!!!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I think you're more likely to get some answers in Helproom or even Games, rather than the Consumer forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September