We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Humax Recorder

flycatcher1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there anyone on the Forum with a Humax Hard Disc Recorder?

I have a problem and Humax are unable to help. I set the machine to record the preamble to the Olympics opening ceremony and the following actual event. Only the first programme recorded.

Distaff was not happy and I may be looking for a Best Man at my Divorce if an answer cannot be found.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Not an answer, but to save the marriage, have you had a look on the BBC iPlayer

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

I have a Humax 9300 and have suffered exactly the same problem when trying to record consecutive programmes on the same BBC channel. You are quite right - Humax don't have a clue why and seem to think it's a bug not worth fixing.

My solution is to record such events on my Sky+ box that doesn't suffer the same problem. Not much help to you I guess.

If your particular Humax model allows it: you could set up such recordings manually (a la VHS tape) and have one recording covering the two time periods. Not perfect but a work around.

The whole opening sequence was covered by a very big crew and will be available on DVD very soon and it is likely to be a lot more comprehensive than the BBC coverage. Probably the best solution of all!

Like this post
feb

Likes # 0

Have you got channels with "8oo" numbers? These are duplicate channels from alternate transmitters. You may need to do a manual tune.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

feb,dms05 and onthelimit1. Thank you your prompt responses. I will look at all suggestions but I am pleased that it is the Humax and not me. I appreciate the iPlayer and the programme is being repeated on 18 August but I think that looking for the Dvd is the best option.

I do hope that a programme is produced describing exactly how all the effects were produced - we found the whole effort First Class.

Like this post  
interzone55

Likes # 0

If it's a Freesat recorder Humax have had loads of problems reported about them not being able to record the temporary Olympics channels.

I've got a Humax freeview recorder and not had any problems recording consecutive channels that I recall - It's a PVR 9300T

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

I've got a HDR-FOX-T2 but since I've not tried recording any Olympics (other than the Opening ceremony), can't say I've seen any problems. Suggest a visit to hummy.tv where the Humax geeks and modders hang out. They're a friendly bunch and there's not much they don't know about current Humax problems and possible solutions.

Good luck

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

I've had a HDR-FOX-T2 since last year and have found it to be a great bit of kit.

However I too had a problem with the opening ceremony. I had set it to record the whole thing from 21:30 onwards and in the 'Media' menu it stated that the recording was 200+ minutes long. So there we were watching it when it suddenly ended.

I have deleted it now but I think it stopped after two and a half hours. This would mean it stopped recording at Midnight. This is significant because I seem to remember that some comments had been made about it not recording through the end of a day. I thought they had issued a patch to correct this but it is the only explanation I can think of.

By the way: does anybody know if there is a way to turn Auto-updating off on this model?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...