We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Building A Laptop for Autocad 2012

shibby__

Likes # 0

I Am Building A Laptop For AutoCad 2012, Everything On A List that I Made Myself,But I Am Not Sure If It Goes Together Or Which Is Better Or If It Will Slow It Down. I Don't Want Bare Minimum Either, Feel free To Change Up Or Add Things To Make The Laptop better For Me, thankyou :)

• 8 gb of ram

• 7200 rpm hard drive

• 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card

• 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color (1,600 x 1,050 with true color recommended)

• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology

• Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

• Internal Bluetooth Card

• Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300

• Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN Card

• Onboard high-definition sound system

• 12x Blu-Ray Burner/16x DVD±R/ 2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive

• 2x PCI Express USB 3.0

• 520 Series 180GB Intel Solid State

• 8GB PC3-8500/1066Mhz DDR3 - 2 DIMM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Do you mean that you are ordering a custom-built laptop from a supplier, or that you intend to build this machine yourself?

If you are contemplating a self - build I advise you to think long and hard, it isn't easy to put a laptop together. There are lots of off the shelf machines on the market that are more than capable of running AutoCad

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would have thought a nice large monitor screen > 21" would be a pre-requisite for CAD.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I have to agree with HB on this, you really want a super high res large monitor for Autocad.

24" full HD would be the minimum, with something like the super desirable 27" 2560x1440 Apple cinema displays as a preferred option...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July