We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ipad3 for windows live mail.

Lortaybill_

Likes # 0

When abroad I can view my Windows live mail that I normally see at home via Virgin media.I cannot use it to reply of course because I'm not connected to my ISP. If I buy an Ipad3 will I be able to do the same considering Windows Live Mail is a M.Soft windows product?

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

As long as you can connect to the Internet anywhere in the world you can read and send emails through hotmail . Try this link your account plus password.

enter link description here

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Or this link and click on email top right Click here

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Or this link and click on email top right Click here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ventad gives an answer using a different e-mail address. You can do the same with gmail.

The iPad has its own e-mail app. You enter into it the same settings as Windows Live Mail and you can access your e-mail. You will need to leave the e-mails on the server otherwise they will only be visible on one device. When overseas or away from home you often have to change smtp settings in order to send. I find it easier to use webmail to read and receive in this case. With Virgin you can go to their site using your browser on the iPad and log in to your e-mail. You can do this with any device.

Like this post
Lortaybill_

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell. I can borrow an Ipad and try what you suggested....I did try to "add another account" on my friends Ipad3 at his location with his ISP but that failed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I use webmail to send.

Try an apple store and get them to demonstrate.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

My two hotmail accounts download automatically to my iPad (new one) and I can send from the iPad too. I have other accounts that I do not want to download automatically but use netmail to these accounts on pipex and talktalk. I have never taken it abroad though .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good