We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Reserve and Collect DSRs

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Yesterday I purchased a camera by the 'reserve and collect' system at Curry's. In spite of reading all the reviews before hand that highly recommended it I find the picture quality is inferior to my Kodak compact and Fuji bridge cameras.

I paid for it on collection so it appears from looking at DSR regs the circumstances are outside the regs as I had an opportunity to examine it in store.

I tried it in store the day before and naturally the screen display was very good.

I wouldn't have found this problem by opening the box in store. So really it is my disappointment rather than a defect.

So I assume it is take it back and see what the shop says.

The camera is a Canon SX230HS. so if anyone has the same camera perhaps they could comment on it.

Thanks.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Image stablisation page 173 of your manual.

Continuous shooting page 87 of your manual

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

hssutton

Thanks for your time.

I managed to find it last night, but it is only visible in certain modes. Greyed out in some. That what was puzzling me. ( a polite way of saying driving me up the wall!).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015