We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Newb - is this considered a gaming laptop

cleverliving

Likes # 0

hi i need some advice. i am going to buy a gaming laptop from ebay and want to know if you guys think this is a gaming laptop? it is listed on ebay as gaming laptop but im not sure?

Genre : Dual Core Notebook Processor Model :AMD E-450 Memory :4G DDR3 Hard Drive :640GB HDD Graphics : ATI Radeon HD 6320 Delicated Grahpics Display:13.3’’ HD Widescreen LED Display 1366*768 Inbult dvd-rw drive 2600 mah battery wifi/ camera

thanks

Like this post
diantonio

Likes # 0

I wouldnt buy it... Lame proccessor and little monitor. What is the price anyway ?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I think calling it a gaming laptop is stretching the term (to breaking point). Yes, it will no doubt play SOME games, but not modern action ones, even at minimum settings.

Graphics card is, as far as I'm aware, an old one, so is this a "used" laptop? I wouldn't recommend getting a used laptop, on ebay, unless it's "refurbished", from a well respected seller. Even then, it's a bit of a lottery.

If you could give some idea of your budget, and what games you want to play, someone may be able to track down something better for you.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

The words 'Gaming' and 'Laptop' don't go very well together unless you have lots of £££ to spend on it, and even then the result is limited.

Unless portability is essential, if gaming is one of your main concerns then you will be much better off buying a desktop. Even for £500-600 you will be able to get something half decent!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features