We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Top five antivirus and firewall software

snowy30

Likes # 0

Is that the updated top five of the anti viruses shown on the front page? The software shown on that list is almost one and two years old, and it says they've been reviewed last year or the year before.

Also where can I find a top five of firewalls and internet security suites

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You read and search for your needs. Depends on your OS. Since XP my AV has been Avast! but recently nearly changed it after an upgrade. It's OK now and use 7's own firewall. I bought SAS pro for antimalware but you could buy MBAM instead. I also use the free Spywareblaster and need to update manually. I usually forget but kind posters here will remind us. Running like this for years with no ill effect and also using common sense browsing. McAfee free site Advisor is another good addition. No suite is perfect but you have Norton, McAfee,BullGuard, Kaspersky and many more you can pay an annual fee. If you get infected by running these suits I don't think they'll reimburse you if you do get hacked. Poor protection if you think about it..

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I just use Norton 360v6 on all of my machines since I did the beta test I think it is the best I've ever used.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
snowy30

Likes # 0

I uses Norton 360 too, but was just enquiring on behalf of a friend

Like this post
snowy30

Likes # 0

Version 6

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers