We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Prebuilt system help, budget around 1000 UK pounds.

Ripebear

Likes # 0

I am open to suggestions on what site to use. Just what's best for value right now.

I am looking to buy a new system, all I need is the tower no peripharals.

Approximate Purchase Date: This week or next, finance is important (Buy now pay in 12 months) so keep this in mind please.

Budget Range: 900-1000. This can be worked if the increase is worth the bonus in performance, like going to 1050 will increase the GPU by a substantial amount or something.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming - This is what it will be used for.

Parts Not Required: No parts required, only tower.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: As long as It has finance available, I'm open to any proven website.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: Whatever gives the most bang for buck. But Intel preferably.

Monitor Resolution: I will be playing on a 50 Inch HDTV, so the resolution will be 1920x1080. I will get a monitor possibly in future but I would like to play on my TV.

Thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Give Novatech a call on 02392 322500, they are situated near Portsmouth, Hampshire.

Very helpful, knowledgeable and reliable in all aspects! Well known within these forums.

Like this post
Ripebear

Likes # 0

Yeah but just incase I wanted someone who was neutral to help me with the parts. Most of the time these guys are just there for a sale but maybe they are different and actually sell you what you want!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You will only find out what Novatech are about if you contact them yourself, like any other retailer or manufacturer.

The questions you are asking comes up on a regular basis within the forum, so an archive search might bring some results or solutions.

With regards to finance, then there are a number of possible ideas. Again its a case of discussing this with the provider or agent. Dell do have schemes, but they are not interest free. Argos and John Lewis might do interest free, if you take out one of their credit cards.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Just put Novatech into the Search bar, top-left of this page!!

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If all you want is a new box, then consider a motherboard bundle - they go from quite cheap to your price limit and beyond.

I have used NOVATECH and the build quality is excellent, or for a more personal swervice try Micro Direct

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=Aoqcy3FG8ulBCRpnrJcMosI4hJp4;ylc=X1MDMjAyMzM5MjMxMgRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcwMgRuX2dwcwMxMARvcmlnaW4DdWsueWFob28uY29tBHF1ZXJ5A21pY3JvIGRpcmVjdARzYW8DMQ--?p=micro+direct&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-702

Terry

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Link not working- try direct

www.microdirect.co.uk

As you select what you want you will be spoild for choice.

Terry

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"finance is important (Buy now pay in 12 months)". I was going to recommend Chillblast but I don't think that they offer this sort of finance and I don't think that Novatech do either (or microdirect).

If Buy now pay later is essential then you may find yourself restricted to Dell or HP for example. However you may not get such a good deal.

Like this post
Ripebear

Likes # 0

I know Overclockers do it. And I got a good system from them before. But I need help with a good build first!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger