We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New all in one printer

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi - having spent most of the day trying to get my Epson SX600FW to scan more than two pages into Paperport, I'm ready to call it a day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an all in one? Canon and Kodak don't get the best write ups, and although the SX600 has been excellent, I wouldn't mind trying something else. Especially as it won't print yellow, as I didn't remove the tape from the cartridge last time I installed it.

I don't need it for photographs etc as I have the Epson R2880.

Of course, someone may have the answer to my scanning problem, with a bit of luck. The print function is fine, it's just the scanning side of things, and as I scan every scrap of paper into Paperport, it's a pretty essential tool.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Curioser and curioser! I temporarily installed PP on the laptop and it worked perfectly, scanning from within the prog, so I reckon it must be a desktop problem somewhere. The PP Image printer isn't showing up in Devices & Printers, although it's in Control Panel, but when I try to remove it (to re-install), it won't go although the Uninstaller works. I looked in Revo, but it's not listed there either.

I've emailed Nuance Support, so with a bit of luck, they'll be bale to help.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Problem solved, I think and no new printer needed. Solved with the help of Nuance's support, a change of USB port and a different usb lead (which had already been changed before).

So now I can spend the money which I would have spent on a new printer if I'd had to. Don't worry, it's a girl thing!

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

Changing the usb point sounds feasible, because when things started to change in favour of usb connections instead of being powered direct from the mains, many people purchased hubs, and then found out that they began having problems.

It was found that a 'powered' hub was the solution in resolving quite a number of problems, because the devices were just not getting enough power from the computer usb socket itself. You don't seem to hear about that much nowadays, and perhaps since usb2 and usb3 came on line?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Don't worry, it's a girl thing!"

Oh no it isn't!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...