We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for monitor recommendation

cactusjack

Likes # 0

Dear all

I am soon to buy a new PC and am looking for a new monitor.

I am looking for a monitor that is: - ideal for gaming -24 inch, - height adjustable - LED (I read that LED is better for your eyes - and health is a primary concern for me) - 2ms (which I hear is ideal for gaming and to avoid ghosting) - Approx £150 budget

Can anyone make any recommendations of good quality monitors that meet the above criteria?

Thanks!

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Have a look at PCA's own revues of monitors

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/displays/7/

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Another one to consider, http://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-E2343F2-23inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B004L5887C/ref=sr110?ie=UTF8&qid=1338664229&sr=8-10

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am not going to suggest a particular monitor, but check on the warranty of the monitor you finally decide to purchase.

Some are now only offering 12 months guarantee or warranty, were others are giving 3 years. The same applies regarding a 'swap-out' or RTB (return to base) if fault's occur. These considerations can make a difference in emergencies, but price wise seem to be very little difference for that little extra!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...