We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Curly Micro usb to std usb lead

Newuser2

Likes # 0

Guys I'm looking for a curly (telephone type) lead to fit my Tom Tom sat nav. I need it to have a micro usb one end and a std usb on the other end. I searches but can't find one.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I haven't actually seen one of those but if you can't find one then try a long one and wind it round a pencil, or something similar, and warm it with a hair drier, but not too hot. Stick it in the fridge afterwards to cool down and then remove pencil. Not as good as purpose spiral wire but should be O.K. as it won't get the harder use of a phone cord. I have used that method in the past where I needed flexibility in a cable.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

There's some available on eBay but they most seem to be Chinese sellers so may take a bit longer to get here.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having used these imports on many occasions, I generally find that it usually takes 7/21 days for deliveries from Hong Kong and China. And find that most of the items and seller are reliable and good.

Another alternative is the retractable devices, that are available cheaply.

If you check a company called Safekom on eBay, they are an English company that have same day despatch on many similar related cables and computer goods, at very good prices. I have used them on a number of occasions, and found them very good.

Would perhaps mention that I ordered a cpu fan from Amazon the other day for nearly £6.00, and forgot about Safekom. Just checked the Safekom website, and found the same looking item for £1.98 delivered within 2/3 days (excluding holiday periods) :O(

Like this post
exprog

Likes # 0

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

Thanks guys. I got one for the princly sum of £1.69off of ebay. It works a treat.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days