We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I want a decent laptop WITHOUT a Number Pad

sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

It seems to be impossible to find a 15" laptop these days without a numberpad. I've checked out all the major brands and they all nave number pads.

I need one for media, games, and coding, so I want an i5/i7 processor, 6GB - 8GB RAM, 500 hard drive is fine, 1GB - 2GB dedicated graphics, something like that.

Can anyone help me out?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You don't state what your budget is. Most Lenova laptops do not have numpads.

Like this post
sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

Around 800 inc 3 year warranty.

Havent looked into Lenovo yet, will check them out.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

What's the problem with having a number pad. I really miss having one on my laptop. Its quite useful having one on my full sized desktop keyboard.

Like this post
sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

On a full sized desktop they're ALL good! But not on a laptop. It makes all your keys smaller, and it means you're sitting off centre to your screen when typing.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that your budget may be too low.

Like this post
sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

A little low maybe, but I'm finding decent ones around that price range. Right now I've got a quote for a Dell XPS 15 for £780, which I think is pretty good, and at this stage is probably at the top of the list, especially as it has no number pad.

XPS L502x (UKI, FCG41UKI) – i5-2450M (2.50Ghz, 4Threads, 3MB cache) Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit 3 yrs Next Day In-Home Hardware & Software Phone Support Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Word Starter, Excel Starter) McAfee® SecurityCenter 15 Month Subscription 750GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive Internal Backlit Keyboard 6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x4096 + 1x2048] 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M Graphics Card 6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion battery 15.6" (40 cm) HD WLED TL (1366x768) 720p with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated

Like this post
sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

Easier to read:

XPS L502x (UKI, FCG41UKI) – i5-2450M (2.50Ghz, 4Threads, 3MB cache) Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium64bit 3 yrs Next Day In-Home Hardware & Software Phone Support 750GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive Internal Backlit Keyboard 6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x4096 + 1x2048] 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M Graphics Card 6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion battery 15.6" (40 cm) HD WLED TL (1366x768) 720p with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated

Like this post
sn0wm0nkey

Likes # 0

Uh well that didnt work. Stupid website formatting.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

the reason for no pads is for numbering and maybe for maths. also people use numbers for secuirty reasons as in passwords.

i wish the best of luck finding a laptop without a number pad but its pretty useless in searching for one as none seem to exist....

you could try this forum.........

[forum ]1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)