We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Budget Gaming PC Help

Samrussell1

Likes # 0

Hello so I am about to order the parts for a new pc for gaming etc but I'm on a very tight budget as I'm just back from holidays. My plan is to order the parts then get a local shop to build it as I don't have much exp in the field.

Here is the parts, I just want to get some opinions on it for value as it seems the best I cant find and also if everything will run smoothly.

Zalman z11 mid tower case.

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX).

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Socket AM3+ 6 Core Processor - 3.30GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler

Nvdia 260gtx.

G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit.

CiT 750W (Dual v12 rails) black edition psu.

Seagate ST500DM002 3.5 inch 500GB Hard Drive (Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 16Mb, 7200RPM).

As I said I just wanted to get a second opinion before I buy the parts ( all except the graphics card which i currently still have from my old pc ).

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to the games forum from Consumerwatch.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I can't help you on this thread (other forum members will), but I am really impressed by the overall specifications of your proposed build....and will return to this thread to see how you get on.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

What is your budget? I'd make the following points:

1) Intel Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors generally outperform AMDs Bulldozer chips by a significant amount.

2) CiT PSUs are not of a high quality and I would strongly advise you to purchase one of a more reliable brand such as this, this or this. Use this link to see how much power you will require.

Best of luck with your build.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?