We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vodafone wont repair my phone which is still under contract

Paleface123
Resolved

Likes # 0

I entered into a two year contract with Vopdafone in August 2011. Barely 8months later the phone became erractic and they requested I sent it to the repair centre. I recieved it back today with a letter saying they wouldnt repair it as there may be a varierty of reasons why it isnt working properly such as illegal access or corrupt softwear. On calling them they now say they cannot repair it as it is a Nokia E6 and that I would have to contact Nokia and arrange for it to be repaired. Surely if my contract is with Vodafone it is their responsibility to repair it, I dont understand why I have to go to all the trouble when my contract is with them. They did offer one month free use but thats no compensation for losing all my contact /emails data , being without it for ten days and now having to contact Nokia to progress the repair. I am furious - any comments welcomed please.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

Your contract is apparently with Vodafone, so any responsibility lies with them to resolve. But having said that, they have suggested that some of the problems might be out of their contract terms, by stating what they have?.

You could contact Nokia (having been suggested by Vodafone!) or your local CAB http://www.adviceguide.org.uk for help and advice?.

Consumer Direct who use to deal with these issues, no longer exists, and CAB have taken over the role regarding consumer advice issues.

Like this post  
interzone55

Likes # 1

If your phone has been hacked so you can install software other than that approved by Vodafone and/or Nokia the chances are you've breached the terms of your contract so Vodafone are within their rights to reject a repair under the warranty conditions

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 1

Like this post
Paleface123

Likes # 0

Thanks so much for the replies. Vodafone said it could be corrupt software or someone illegally 'hacking' the phone but neither has happend. I havent got a clue with phones and use them only to call or text , I havent downloaded anything and it hasnt been out of my sight so no one has 'hacked' into it. I think my annoyance is the fact its only 8 months into the contract. I accept many do not offer two years cover but the standard one year was expected. networks. No doubt they will have it their way but it is infuriating ! Thanks again

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If only 8 months old it should still be covered by warranty.Take it into any Nokia repair shop and get it fixed.My nearest one was Huntington and I used to take mine there.They would fix it on the spot or tell me to call back later for it.If it was going to take longer they post it back to you.

Just Google for Nokia repair depots or shops.But like others have said You should have a 2 year warranty from Vodaphone and it should go back there.But try Nokia to see what they say.If no repair depots beside you phone them and they should send you a bag of sorts to put your phone in to send back to them.I always found Nokia to be very good at doing repairs.

If they cannot repair your phone they either offer a replacement or a new one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK