We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which SSD To Buy?

lukebrown

Likes # 0

Hi.

I have noticed the prices of 120gb SSD dropping recently and I am tempted to buy one, unless people think they will drop further.

My laptop is running a Intel HM55 chipset, so Sata II

I am looking at the following SSD's:

Kingston 120GB V+200 SSD - SATA-III for £70 Sandisk 120GB Ultra SSD - SATA-II for £65 OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD - SATA-III for £78

Which do people think has the best performance for my PC, 2 are Sata III or Sata II compatible.

Thanks Luke

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

SSD are falling in price. In February 20120 purchased a OCZ 120GB Agility 3 for MacBook for £115 and is brilliant. Am looking at a 240GB soon for my PC DEsktop but will wait a month or two for prices to hopefully stabilise.

Made a big difference to the performance of machine even though the motherboard supports SATA II.

Have read negative reviews about Kingston, dont know about Sandisk.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've also noticed that the prices are plummeting. I'm running a C300-CTFDDAC064MAG Crucial SSD on desktop. Might try an OCZ one next time for the laptop if prices fall further.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Ebuyer have the OCZ 240GB Agility 3 SSD only £149.99. Prices appear to be falling on a daily basis

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

hssutton, I have just checked out ebuyer and I see what you mean !

I paid more than that for my current SSD drive of 128 GB in size.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers