We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop

woodie2667

Likes # 0

how much do u charge to fix a key on a laptop

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I would imagine some would be easy to repair or fix but I was never that great at jig saws so would get someone else to do it for me if it happened.Some look easy to fix others a lot harder.

Maybe if you give your make and model of Laptop someone will be able to give you better advice.

Have a look through here while you are waiting.

http://www.laptopkey.com/blog/

We do not do repairs but you can get advice on how to repair it yourself.

if less than a year old it will still be covered by the 1 year warranty.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe you should have posted this in the Helproom and you may get a better response.

If you decide to do that you will see a grey arrow on the right of the post just click that till it turns green and that shuts this post and lets you free to open one in the Helproom.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"how much do u charge for fixing a key on a laptop"

We can only provide possible advice not repairs, so there is no charge.

Changing a key would involve a number of things, including obtaining a correct replacement. So its probably best to take the laptop into a local computer repair shop for their advice.

It might also help if you tell us why you want to replace the key, because there might be a remedy if its just sticking (ie dust or foreign object)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...